Miller Farms is a small multigenerational farm in Locust Grove, Virginia. They have Pick Your Own Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Pumpkins, and Choose and Cut Christmas Trees. They also offer a variety of products in their market.
Location: 12101 Orange Plank Road, Locust Grove, VA 22508 (~17 miles from Fredericksburg)
Hours: Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm, Saturday: 8am-5pm, Closed Sundays
- Memorial Day: 8am-1pm
- July 4th: 8am-1pm
- Labor Day: 8am-1pm
Cost: Free Parking, Free Admission, PYO strawberries–$3.75/lb.
Website: Miller Farms Market
Strawberry PYO Details:
- No reservations needed
- Park at the Market or at the Strawberry Patch.
- Strawberry Patch is located across the road from the farm Market.
- Go past the big water tanks and the greenhouses. Red Strawberry Hut is ahead of you. Strawberry Patch is on the left as you approach the hut.
- Containers are available in the Hut for picking. You can also grab at the Market.
- For the BEST STRAWBERRY PICKING, walk down a row of strawberries at least halfway
- Check out at the Market on our Farm.
- Pick your own $3.99/lb. Pre-Picked $4.00/pt.
- Check FACEBOOK for picking conditions.
This was our first time visiting Miller Farms Market. If you’re coming from the Fredericksburg area, you will pass through part of the Wilderness Battlefield. It’s a beautiful drive, and there are several battlefield stops.
We had a great time picking strawberries. The weather was perfect, and we practically had the fields to ourselves. We ended up parking at the Market and walking across the street to the fields. The strawberries were plentiful with lots of large, ripe & juicy ones. The kids couldn’t wait to taste them.
After picking strawberries, we took a quick look at the market. They have a great selection of local meats, homegrown vegetables, cheeses, canned and baked goods and much more. They also offer a selection of unique gifts. We heard that their ice cream is yummy as well. We’ll have to try some next time.
There are a lot of places to sit outside and eat or just relax. Younger kids might be excited about their small playground and sand pile.
There’s one portable toilet by the strawberry patches and three near the playground/sand pile.
Great family run business! We will be back.
One thought on “Strawberry Picking at Miller Farms Market”