Photos with Santa is an annual tradition. This post will break down all the best spots around Fredericksburg to grab a picture with the big guy without breaking the bank.
- Pictures with Santa! Friday, December 2, from 4-8 pm at the Fredericksburg Visitor Center. Tickets are $5 per family. Each reserved time slot guarantees 5 minutes to visit with Santa. Letter writing supplies will be available to drop off at the “Letters to Santa” mailbox on the corner of Caroline and George Streets. Since it’s a First Friday downtown, there will be free trolley shuttles.
- Lisa Pitts Eley Cancer Foundation sponsors a Santa who is downtown Fredericksburg outside Irish Eyes. You can take pictures with your own camera. Last year Santa handed out stockings to all the children. Santa will be out every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 12-6 pm until Dec. 23rd. (Update: They will be out 11 am – 5 pm on Wednesday, Dec. 21 and weather permitting on Thursday & Friday, Dec. 22 & 23.)
- Sweet Sheep Candy & Wonder Emporium will have FREE Santa photos on Saturday, Dec. 3, from 12 – 5 pm.
- Christmas at the Farm! Santa is coming to Braehead Farm on December 3, 4, 10, 11th. You’ll visit with a real bearded Santa in the Red Shed! Make Snowman Soup! Make a marshmallow snowman and roast marshmallows! Enjoy Hot Cocoa! Fun in the Family Playgrounds! Visit the animals! Bring your cameras! Brahead Farm is open from 9 am – 5 pm. Santa will be available from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm AND 1:30 – 4:30 pm. Reservations are not needed. Pick up a Santa number when you arrive. Go play in The Family Playgrounds until your number given as you arrived is shown on the LED screen at Santa’s Red Shed barn! The cost is $12/pp.
- Juan More Taco Fredericksburg usually has FREE photos with Santa. This year they offered pictures on Nov. 26 from 2 – 4 pm. You could bring your kids or pets for pictures with Santa, Mrs. Claus, Tolkien the unicorn and Peso the duck. Bring your own cameras. Donations accepted for their nonprofit The 504 Project.
- Walnut Hill Farm at Elm Spring has Santa opportunities this season. On the Saturdays listed Santa will be in the barnyard and available for photographs. On Sundays Santa will be hosting hayrides for your enjoyment. This is all weather dependent. The festivities begin Saturday, December 3rd 2:30-5:00 pm/Saturday, December 10th, noon until 5:00 pm/Sunday, December 11th, 2:30-5:00 pm. Hayrides at 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm, reservations recommended/Saturday, December 17th, noon until 4:00 pm/Sunday, December 18th, 2:30-5:00 pm. Hayrides at 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm./Saturday, December 24th, Santa is waiting for Mrs. Claus to approve. Santa would like to have private hayrides. Barnyard visits are $5/pp or families for $20. These fees are waived with a $50 farm store purchase.
- December 20 & 21 Santa will be at “Tuttle Wonderland” for free professional photographs. Each child that comes by will get a free present. This event runs 6-8 pm. Last year was our first visit and we had a great time. The lights and decorations are amazing and the Santa gifts were unexpected. The professional photographs are emailed. You’ll find this house at 4224 Woodside Drive in Fredericksburg.
- If you’re looking for a wonderful Santa experience with one of the best Santa’s we’ve met, head to Gobbler Farm during their afternoon with Santa on November 26. The Night Before Christmas will be read by Santa himself at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. In between the readings, enjoy cookies and hot cocoa/coffee (for purchase in the Greenhouse) while you wait your turn to meet Santa personally and pose for pictures. Bring your own photographer and get those Christmas Pics done! $15 Santa minis were also being offered. There’s a Santa letter station as well with a mailbox. Over all the years of visiting different Santas in the area, this one was by far the best. He was very personal, funny, and had great rapport with the kids. My daughter is a new teen. She wasn’t too keen about sitting on Santa’s lap, but this Santa was great and knew just what to say. Definitely add this to your calendar for next year.
- There’s an opportunity to meet Gobbler Hill Farm’s Santa by attending the Community Christmas Dinner with Santa this Saturday, December 3, starting at 5 pm. This event is sponsored by the Richardsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department. Santa will arrive by fire engine and will be available for family photos. Hotdogs and chips will be served, and there will be fun activities for the children. This event is FREE.
Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s is one of the best places to go to get FREE pictures with Santa. You’ll receive a FREE 4 x6 photo to take home. You can also take as many pictures as you want with your own camera. Photo packages are also for sale. Picture reservations this year started October 30. Free pictures run from Nov. 5 – Dec. 24. During your visit, you can mail letters to Santa. You can also enjoy the amazing aquariums and wildlife displays.
- The Market at Grelen has FREE pictures with Santa on November 26 and December 3, 10, & 17 from 11 am – 2 pm.
- On December 10 & 12, Santa will be at the National Museum of the Marine Corps for FREE visits from 1:30-3:30 pm. Holiday-themed activities and crafts will be available while waiting to meet St. Nick. Guests must provide their own camera. All families must be in line by 3:15pm to ensure a photo with Santa.
Of course, you can always find Santa at “Breakfast with Santa” and other community events. You can find several of those events listed HERE.
Many fire departments in the area also do Santa runs:
- The Spotsylvania Volunteer Fire Department’s annual Santa Run schedule begins the Friday after Thanksgiving (November 25). Check the website for schedule and routes. On December 16, the Santa Truck will be at Chancellor and Riverbend High Schools. We welcome you all to this drive thru event to see Santa! Chancellor High School: 6:00 pm (Santa will be leaving promptly at 7:00 pm) Riverbend High School: 7:30 pm (Santa will be leaving promptly at 8:30 pm)
- Fredericksburg’s Santa Run will be Dec. 13, 14, and 15, between the hours of 5-8 pm.
Please email email@example.com if you know of any free or inexpensive Santa visits.