Braehead Farm is the last remaining farm within the Historic City of Fredericksburg, VA. It is on 28-acres that has been in the Snead family since 1937. It hosts a farmer’s market, kid’s birthday parties, fruit & vegetable picking, pumpkins, kids camps, barn rentals and more!
Location: 1130 Tyler Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Hours: Open DAILY, 9 am-6 pm Spring through Fall. Winter hours are 9 am-5 pm
- Pick Your Own: No reservation and no admission fee. Pay for what you pick. Check the crop schedule for updates.
- Family Playgrounds: The daily admission is $5.00 per person. Two and under are free. A 2022 Spring & Summer or Winter/Fall seasonal pass is $25 per person for unlimited visits.
- Pets: Pets are welcome, on a leash, if you pick up after them. BY LAW, pets are NOT allowed in the front Pick-Your-Own fields, but they are allowed in the other parts of the farm.
- Restrooms: They have several port-a-potties with hand washing stations.
- Food: Grab food in the Braehead Farm Lunch Kitchen or bring your own picnic lunch. The kitchen is open weekdays from 11am-2pm and weekends from 11am-4pm.
- Parking: There’s plenty of parking with overflow parking right when you enter.
Website: Braehead Farm
Lots of farm animals to observe…chickens, cows, pigs, goats, alpacas, sheep, horses, rabbits…and honey bees to watch in their visual hive! Most of the animals you will not be able to observe unless you pay to go into the grounds. You will be able to see the cows from the parking area.
Braehead is a great place to pick your own fruits and vegetables. The ice cream is amazing!
Your kids won’t want to leave. There’s so much to do!
Tip: There is a sandpit in the playground area. You may want to bring a change of clothes for your kids.
Fall Fun at Braehead
Pumpkins — 75 cents/pound
You can PYO pumpkins or buy some at the front market. If you go out to the field, make sure to watch the signs to make sure you are picking from the correct field. If you didn’t bring your own wagon, there are wagons available to use.
The Fall Festival is held every weekend (Saturdays/Sundays) in October. The charge is an additional $7 to the regular $5 playground entry fee for a total of $12/pp (+ tax).
The Fall Festival gives you access to a corn maze, hay rides, scavenger hunts, and more.
There are no hay rides during weekday visits unless you are part of a scheduled field trip group,
Tip: My older kids prefer Snead’s to Braehead Farm.
One thought on “Braehead Farm”