The Fredericksburg Nationals are a Minor League Baseball team of the Carolina League and the Class A-Advanced affiliate of the Washington Nationals. They are located in Fredericksburg, Virginia, and will play their home games at the new Fredericksburg Ballpark which holds 5,000 people.
Location: 42 Jackie Robinson Way, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Hours: Most are evening games, but some start in the afternoon. Check the game schedule for times. Game Schedule can be found HERE.
Seating Chart can be found HERE.
Tickets: There are many different ticket options. $2 tickets can be found on Tuesdays, but those seats sell out quickly. Visit this LINK to see ticket options.
Website: Fredericksburg Nationals
Know Before You Go:
- The Ballpark is Cashless.
- Parking is $5. Overflow is at the Expo Center. If you don’t want to pay for parking, you will need to park at Wegman’s and walk over. ($5 isn’t bad for parking. Parking is cashless as well.)
- The ballpark has a clear bag policy. Only clear totes and purses will be allowed inside the ballpark, except for small clutches (about 4.5″ x 6.5″). An exception will be made for medically necessary items after inspection at the gate. (We did not check this before we headed to the park. Hubby had a string bag with our waters in it. We just had to carry our water bottles in, and he put the string bag in his pocket.)
- Fan seating is in pods to optimize fan safety.
- No outside food or beverage. You can bring sealed, label-less water bottles. (We did not read this before we arrived. Easy fix. We just had to remove our water bottle labels. The employee told us they want label-less water bottles just incase guests are shown on the jumbotron. They don’t want any advertising.)
Check out all the fun promotions going on at this LINK.
Last night we had the opportunity of going to our first Fredericksburg Nationals game. On Tuesday, I won 4 tickets to the game compliments of Viking Steel. The kids were so excited to go to their first baseball game. They had so many questions about the game.
I wonder if I should feel bad about this especially since I grew up going to the Connie Mack Series in New Mexico.
We had a wonderful experience. The weather was beautiful, and the seats were amazing.
Because of Covid restrictions, the stadium wasn’t very full. All seats in the ballpark were in “pods.” Each pod was socially distanced from all other pods in order to optimize fan safety. It was nice not having anyone sitting near us. This added to the spaciousness of our seats. There also were no lines for food which was nice. We ended up buying a popcorn helmet to share.
The stadium had a lot of fun promotions and activities going on throughout the game that were pretty entertaining. The kids really enjoyed these. They also loved having their picture taken with Gus the mascot. He’s George Washington’s imaginary friend. They were also able to meet George and Martha Washington.
They were sad that the playground was closed, though. We found out that the playground will be open for the June 1 game.
The kids were eager to catch a foul ball. They brought their mitts to the game in anticipation. B was able to get one and was so thrilled especially since her favorite outfielder tossed it to her. A paced around hoping to get one, but he never did.
B said I need to sign up for more contests because she was having so much fun. She said she never knew that she would like watching baseball. It’s definitely better in person. A woke up this morning and said, “Mom, I want to go back to that baseball game.”
We can’t wait to head back to another game. The Fredericksburg Nationals stadium could be at capacity for the first time on June 1. That will be the first home game following the end of the state’s COVID-related capacity restrictions.
Individual-game tickets will be available for purchase for the first time at 10 a.m. Monday, May 24. The tickets can be purchased at frednats.com.
The Fredericksburg Nationals stadium and team really are wonderful additions to our city. They really bring a hometown feel to this area.
Updates from games we attended during the 2021 season:
- Expect concession stand prices. Here’s a price sampling from the 2021 season. These prices do not include tax: Small waffle cone-$5.75, Bottled water-$4, Soda-$4.50, Chick-fil-a Sandwich-$7.
- For the 2021 season, if the FredNats scored 3 runs during one game, everyone received a $10 Funland play card. To redeem you had to take your FredNats ticket stub to Funland.
Videos from 2021 games we attended: